Aadhaar Update Service: Common Service Centres CSCs (authorized by Central Govt.) Provide Services such as Aadhaar update/ correction.
Aadhaar is a unique identification number that is issued to the citizens of India by obtaining biometrics (fingerprint, iris scan) and demographic details (address, etc). An AAadhaar card serves as proof of residence not proof of citizenship. Unique Identification Authority of India, under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India carries out the affairs regarding the Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar Update Service
- Update your Aadhaar Data Recently changed your name or mobile number? Has your child just turned 5 or 15? You can correct/update your Aadhaar details (Demographics & Biometrics) at the nearest Enrolment/Update center.
- Update the Address in your Aadhaar Have you moved to a new city? Or recently changed your address? Do not forget to update your new address in your Aadhaar. If you have Valid Address Proof or have received an Address Validation Letter Letter (For those without Valid Address Proof), you can update your address.
- Check Status Check your Address update status using the URN(Update Request Number). You can check the status of the Address Validation Letter which you requested by using the SRN(Service Request Number)
- Lock/Unlock Biometrics This Feature will enable residents to lock and temporarily unlock their biometrics. This is to protect the privacy and confidentiality of the Resident’s Biometrics Data (including fingerprint and iris). Locked Biometrics ensures the Aadhaar holder will not be able to use their Biometrics for authentications.
- Check your Email/ Mobile Number in Aadhaar You can verify your email address and mobile number that has been declared at the time of enrolment or during the latest Aadhaar detail update.
A registered Mobile Number is essential to avail of Aadhaar Online Services. In case your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhaar, visit the nearest Permanent Aadhaar Centre (PAC) for updating your mobile number with your Aadhaar.